Ufront is a client/server MVC web framework for Haxe. It allows you to share models, views and controllers between both server-side and client-side code. Client side, your app will run as a fast single-page-app. But everything can still work server-side - which makes for fast first page loads, great SEO, and a good fallback for old browsers.
- Neko (Server side)
- PHP (Server side)
- NodeJS (Server side, experimental)
- JS (Client side)
It would be possible to also support Python, Java, C# and C++ with a little work.
Installing from haxelib (please note, the versions on haxelib are not up-to-date currently):
haxelib install ufront sudo haxelib run ufront --setup
Using the latest git version:
git clone --recursive https://github.com/ufront/ufront.git cd ufront ./setupDev sudo haxelib run ufront --setup
To update that git repository to a newer version:
git pull git submodule update --recursive
A "hello world" example is included in
submodules/hello/ to give you an example of how to get started.
This example includes builds for Neko, PHP and NodeJS in
server.hxml, and for Client JS in
ufront-client libraries are the "motherships" that hold together each of the ufront modules:
- ufront - All the ufront modules required on the server-side.
- ufront-client - All the ufront modules required on teh client-side.
These ufront libs are part of the core, used in both
- ufront-mvc - The MVC framework. Provides routing, controllers, views, APIs, remoting, dependency injection and more.
- ufront-orm - An ORM that makes it easy to have models with validation, serialization, automatic relationships and more.
- ufront-easyauth - An auth system that gives you users, groups and permissions. Fairly simplistic but flexible. Easy to replace if you have different needs.
Then there are other libs, which you can install and use, but are not included in the haxelib by default:
- ufront-ufadmin - An admin area for your web-app.
- ufront-uftasks - Easy command line tasks that integrate with your models and APIs.
- ufront-mail - Easily send emails with Ufront.
Using the ufront tool
Ufront comes with a helper tool in haxelib. To run it:
haxelib run ufront
Or, if you ran the
haxelib run ufront --setup command:
You then have this usage:
b, build Build the current project s, server Run a development server using "nekotools server" on localhost:2987 i, shell Run an interactive shell (ihx) and import your key project libraries and files t, task Run one of the tasks defined in your project u, unittests Run the unit tests for your app -h, --help Show help message
In future, I would like to add:
n, create Create a new ufront project, controller, model, API or view based on simple templates c, configure Configure the current project's settings d, documentation Regenerate the documentation for your project w, watch Watch your project using `livehaxe` and compile when changes are found
Feel free to contribute!