StoryDev 2 Engine
StoryDev 2 is the successor to the original open source and free written interactive story engine for Haxe and OpenFL.
This version has been revamped to allow for greater flexibility and customisation.
You can install this library in one of two ways:
git clone(if you have installed git) or
haxelib git sd2-enginefollowed by the url of this repository:
- Alternatively, you can get the latest stable version from Haxelib:
haxelib install sd2-engine.
Once all planned customisation options have been implemented, the editor itself will be made. Changes will be made on-demand as the editor itself grows.
- Implementation of Character profiles, with the ability to add biographies, poses (with different portraits and images) and Spine animations.
- Implementation of Scenes, Cameras and Animated States.
All of the documentation for the engine can be found on the wiki.
The StoryDev 2 engine is licensed under LGPL.
- You can use this engine for commercial or non-commercial purposes without prior written permission except when using the editor.
- Any changes you make to the engine source code must also be made available.
The StoryDev 2 editor is licensed under its own EULA, and if using the editor for creating games with this engine, the EULA takes precedence. That means that any use of this engine is governed instead by the EULA of the editor, not by the LGPL that solely covers the use of the engine.
A brief EULA can be found here.