Arctic is a game engine written in Haxe and based on OpenFL (Open Flash Library). The Engine provides fast and easy gamedevelopment for native targets.
Arctic supports currently the following targets:
Flash is also supported, but need an extra renderer for better performance (planned)
Arctic supports currently the following extensions:
- Tiled Map Editor
- TexturePacker (Generic XML)
Arctic is planned as official haxelib. In the meantime you can install it manual:
- Install Haxe 3.1.0 (http://haxe.org/download)
- Install FlashDevelop 4.7.1
- Open your command window and upgrade Haxe to 3.1.3 ("haxelib selfupdate"; "haxe.update.hxml" (without quotes))
- Type "haxelib install [PATH_TO_ARCTIC_ZIP]" in your command window (without brackets and quotes). In windows you can easily drag and drop the Arctic-Zip-File into your command window for adding the path.
- Create a new openfl project with the following command: "lime create openfl:project [PROJECT_NAME]" (without brackets and quotes)
- Open the created project with FlashDevelop (default location is you personal folder)
- In your project.xml add the following line at the end and safe it:
- Remove the inheritance in your main class and add the following line in the main contructor: arctic.Arctic.Init();
- Compile and have fun! :)
Arctic is free, open-source software under the MIT License.