HaxePunk is a powerful cross-platform 2D game engine, based on the FlashPunk AS3 library.
- Builds for HTML5 (WebGL), Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android
- Hardware acceleration and texture atlas support
- Gamepad and multi-touch input
First, make sure you have Haxe 3.0 or higher, we recommend you to update to Haxe 3.2 if you haven't already. Then execute the following commands below to get started with your first HaxePunk project.
If you are using Haxe 2 the last version supporting it was v2.3.0
haxelib install HaxePunk 2.3.0.
haxelib install HaxePunk haxelib run HaxePunk setup haxelib run HaxePunk new MyProject # creates a new project
You will need a C++ compiler for native builds (Xcode, Visual Studio, g++).
git clone https://github.com/HaxePunk/HaxePunk.git make
This will build documentation, run unit tests, and run the example project. If you fix an issue, feel free to create a pull request.
If you've cloned locally, you can set your local repo as a development directory accessible through Haxelib:
git clone https://github.com/HaxePunk/HaxePunk.git haxelib dev HaxePunk HaxePunk/
To disable the dev directory for HaxePunk simply run the command
haxelib dev HaxePunk. Notice there is no third argument passed.
If you just want to install the latest dev version from Git, you can also do this with haxelib:
haxelib git HaxePunk https://github.com/HaxePunk/HaxePunk.git dev
Have questions or looking to get involved?
There are a few ways you can get involved with HaxePunk.
- The development roadmap is available on Trello.
- Come chat with us on Gitter.
- Drop by the HaxePunk forum to ask a question or show off what you've created.
- Create an issue or pull request or take part in the discussion.
- Follow us on Twitter: @HaxePunk
- Chevy Ray Johnston for creating the original FlashPunk.
- OpenFL makes native targets possible and simplifies asset management. Thanks guys!
- All the awesome people who have contributed to HaxePunk and joined in the discussions on the forum.
Copyright (C) 2012-2017 HaxePunk contributors
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.